Last week, WordPress introduced it’s bloggers to a new feature. We now are treated to an accounting of where in the world our site visits are coming from by country. It’s a very interesting feature. I had no idea that there were people visiting my blog from all corners of the globe. This feature definitely piqued my curiosity, if not my wander lust.
Until this feature came into my life, I considered myself to be pretty adept at geography. I thought I had, at least, heard of all the names of all of the countries in the world. Then, on the first day of this new feature along come the pleasant surprise of 6 views from a place I had never heard of. So I did a little research (for me, a day without research is like a day without breathing) and found out a lot about a tiny country called the Republic of Mauritius. At a scant 2040 square kilometers, Mauritius is hard, if not impossible, to find on the above map, but there are over 1.25 million people living there.
Port Louis, the capitol city is only 42.7 square kilometers, but looks like a stunning place to visit.
For those of you who like hot weather, Port Louis enjoys temperatures above 24 degrees Celsius all year long.
Thanks to WordPress, I may have just found another travel option for my bucket list. If it was beautiful enough to inspire Baudelaire and Twain, who am I to argue?
It seems I have been tagged (thanks Mooselicker). Until today I had never even heard of tagging another blogger, so I will try to do this right, but please bear with me.
From what I can glean, I am to answer the eleven questions posed by the one who tagged me, then tag eleven others with a list of my own eleven questions.
The questions posed to me and my responses are below.
1. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? What did you think you would become?
When I was very little, I wanted to be a ballerina, even took 11 years of ballet lessons.
2. Who is your biggest celebrity crush?
3. Angels, Bigfoots, or Aliens; which one do you think is most likely to exist?
Aliens are most likely, in my opinion, however, I am skeptical as to the existence of all three choices.
4. What is something that everybody seems to enjoy that you hate?
Coffee and beer. I never acquired a taste for either.
5. If you opened your front door and I was there, what would you say? What would you really be thinking?
I’d say a polite Hello. I’d be thinking, how the hell did you get my address?
6. What is your favorite movie and why?
I have favourites in many different categories, so it’s almost impossible to pick one over all the others, but if I had a gun to my head, I would have to choose All About Eve because it excels on every level, writing, direction, acting, etc. and I love Bette Davis.
7. There has to be something that you believe you’re the best at, what is it?
8. Who is the ugliest person you know and why are they so ugly?
I’m going to take this question as ugliest person I know of, so I can include famous people. I instantly thought of Kim Kardashian, because she is so incredibly shallow and stupid, which are traits that I find ugly, but then thought, no. Her mother, Kris Jenner would be uglier for shoving her shallow and stupid family down our collective throats. But then, I suppose the ugliest of them all would be the E! Channel executive that decided to stink up the air with them in the first place.
9. Is love unconditional?
10. Lots of people have addictions. What is yours?
It used to be cigarettes, but I quit. So now I’d have to say, the internet.
11. What is the nicest compliment you have ever received? What is something that you would like to be complimented more about you?
Nicest compliment is when someone tells me they like my writing. That is also the thing I crave more compliments about.
Here are the eleven questions I am asking the people I tagged.
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. Who is your favourite actor/actress?
3. Name your favourite band/musician?
4. What is your favourite TV Show?
5. Who is your favourite scientist?
6. Name your favourite author?
7. What do you do with your free time when you are not online?
8. If you had to live in another country, which country would you choose and why?
9. What three words best describe you?
10. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
11. If you were throwing a dinner party, and could invite any 10 people (living or dead) who would you invite?